Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#501132 - 03/30/12 11:21 AM Bee-Line GPS?
RokuSix Offline

Loc: The Bronx!
I saw a post about this in another thread but wanted to make a separate one.

I was riding Bee-Line recently when I heard an announcement for a stop at Boston Road and Gun Hill Road on the W60. It was a generic announcement. However, there weren't any announcements for other stops, not even other major ones.

I assume this is a new program. Has anyone seen (or heard, rather) this on other routes?

Questions? Comments? Interested in free tacos?
Just PM me. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

#501135 - 03/30/12 10:49 PM Re: Bee-Line GPS? [Re: RokuSix]
FamousNYLover Offline
New York State Governor

Loc: 14 min by Q72 Bus Stop at 37th...
It sounded like SCT Bus Announcement with "Approaching...." however no transfer announcement.

On SCT bus when it's working, I remember it says "Now Approaching... Transfer to.. bus."

#501136 - 03/30/12 11:09 PM Re: Bee-Line GPS? [Re: FamousNYLover]
tommy meehan Offline
Bus Driver

Loc: Yonkers NY

I've heard the "Approaching" announcements on the 1C, 13, 14 and 27. The four routes I regularly ride.

One comment I have is, or criticism, Bee-Line has done a poor job of communicating this new feature to riders. There have been no press releases I know of and no signs or notices on the buses themselves.

That's what I'd like to see them do. Put up advertising-type cards in the buses, announcing the new feature, explaining why they did it and maybe briefly how it works.

Maybe they think it's not necessary to make any formal introduction. That having on-board major stop announcements is self-explanatory, no explanation required. Baloney!

They should pat themselves on the back, brag a little! Look what we're giving you now. It's a good asset for riders to have.

#501145 - 04/02/12 09:32 PM Re: Bee-Line GPS? [Re: tommy meehan]
RokuSix Offline

Loc: The Bronx!
Originally Posted By: tommy meehan

One comment I have is, or criticism, Bee-Line has done a poor job of communicating this new feature to riders. There have been no press releases I know of and no signs or notices on the buses themselves.

That's what I'd like to see them do. Put up advertising-type cards in the buses, announcing the new feature, explaining why they did it and maybe briefly how it works.

I agree! It frightened me a little at first. I also think that it would be good to clear confusion. One day it announced that the next stop from Gun Hill Road would be Dyre Avenue which confused a lot of people. If riders knew that the program was being tested, there would have been less panic.

Questions? Comments? Interested in free tacos?
Just PM me. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

#501201 - 04/23/12 06:05 AM Re: Bee-Line GPS? [Re: tommy meehan]
dadbo46 Offline
Bus Driver

Loc: Westchester County
The system is in final testing. I'm sure that a proper PR campgain will be announced when the system is accepted.

#501254 - 05/08/12 03:25 PM Re: Bee-Line GPS? [Re: dadbo46]
tommy meehan Offline
Bus Driver

Loc: Yonkers NY

Originally Posted By: dadbo46
The system is in final testing. I'm sure that a proper PR campgain will be announced when the system is accepted.

I hope you do. You guys should pat yourselves on the back occasionally.

When the route announcers were introduced there was NO notice or publicity that I'm aware of. And I not only think it's a good idea, I don't think I've ever seen another system with the same feature.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, when a Bee-Line bus comes up to a bus stop and the operator opens the door a recorded voice announces the route number and destination.

#501268 - 05/09/12 11:19 PM Re: Bee-Line GPS? [Re: RokuSix]
FamousNYLover Offline
New York State Governor

Loc: 14 min by Q72 Bus Stop at 37th...
I remember that to when I took Bee-Line bus for age.

When I was waiting for BxM3 Gettys Square at Madison Av/84th St, Bee-Line BxM4C came and made "Route BxM4C Express White Plains."

Moderator:  MoOnMaN319, RokuSix 
Newest Members
sunnyside7, lirrman23, CEB, Heico, Abrala
4344 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 136 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
4344 Members
20 Forums
26599 Topics
499134 Posts

Max Online: 464 @ 04/24/08 04:14 PM