Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#500991 - 02/13/12 02:36 PM The Epitome of MTA Arrogance, or Something Worse?
BrooklynBus Offline
Straphanger

Loc: Brooklyn, NY

#500995 - 02/18/12 09:56 PM Re: The Epitome of MTA Arrogance, or Something Worse? [Re: BrooklynBus]
Brooklyn67 Offline
MTA Executive

Loc: New York
There aren't many people left who have the passion you have for demanding the MTA "do the right thing". Likewise, I tend to agree with most of your points and suggestions (with occasional exception), but this from the perspective of a bus driver.

The MTA as a whole cares little about buses, and would rather not have to deal with buses at all. The MTA has always, and continues to view the "Department of Buses" a liability.

You cannot reason with the people who make decisions for this out-of-control, autonomous bureaucracy. For one, they do not care what anyone outside upper-management thinks, says, does or suggests. There is a pipeline of arrogance that is perpetuated in even the smallest locations throughout the system. Along with arrogance is intimidation, threats, harassment and other factors that further pollute the system, the employees, the general riding public and how things work (or don't work) as a whole.

By design, MTA policy is written to (a) hold the MTA harmless, and (b) cause friction between their employees and the riding public. Policy is not written for the betterment of public transportation. It's written to minimize potential liability, and/or place as much liability elsewhere, be it with the riding public or the employees. Sometimes both.

If you want to connect with the MTA in any "meaningful" way, find ways to enlighten them as to how your suggestions lessen potential liability. You might see a more proactive response. "Might", that is.

This, of course, from my perspective in Surface.

#501102 - 03/20/12 02:23 PM Re: The Epitome of MTA Arrogance, or Something Worse? [Re: Brooklyn67]
BrooklynBus Offline
Straphanger

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Of course I agree with you except I don't know how you could justify a major route change as limiting liability. That only works when you want to eliminate an unsafe condition which the MTA is very agreeable with doing.

Read my new post today. You may find it enlightening and you will probably have your own opinions about it.

Edited by BrooklynBus (03/20/12 02:24 PM)

#501108 - 03/21/12 08:42 AM Re: The Epitome of MTA Arrogance, or Something Worse? [Re: BrooklynBus]
zeun4749 Offline
Tourist

If you want to connect with the MTA in any "meaningful" way, find ways to enlighten them as to how your suggestions lessen potential liability.

#501334 - 06/15/12 04:14 AM Re: The Epitome of MTA Arrogance, or Something Worse? [Re: BrooklynBus]
mmolive26 Offline
Tourist

To see Cheap WOW Gold or Buy Runescape Gold world in a granda of stand.And a heaven in a wild flower.Hold infinity in the palm your hand and eternity in an hour.

#501337 - 06/16/12 08:51 AM Re: The Epitome of MTA Arrogance, or Something Worse? [Re: BrooklynBus]
WalderRules Offline
Straphanger

The MTA should get out of the business of running the NYC busses, just as they did in Nassau County.

Newest Members
patrickoster, Nathan, cparke, Haresh, MadStrapper
4354 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 70 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
4354 Members
20 Forums
26623 Topics
499265 Posts

Max Online: 464 @ 04/24/08 04:14 PM