Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#500352 - 08/08/11 08:13 AM Re: First Day For New Orange (M) [Re: EE Broadway Local]
Brighton Line Offline

Loc: Brooklyn,NY, US
I think the M is better than the V unless the V went into Brooklyn on the Culver. 53rd Lex is still under served without having the F stop there.
The F runs the 63rd St tube just to justify finishing that connection and MISSING Queens Plaza if you ask me.

#500354 - 08/08/11 08:33 AM Re: First Day For New Orange (M) [Re: Brighton Line]
Dre Offline
Straphanger

You are wrong The orange M does not nothing for me I have three train to the east side

#500358 - 08/09/11 08:32 AM Re: First Day For New Orange (M) [Re: Dre]
Brighton Line Offline

Loc: Brooklyn,NY, US
Originally Posted By: Dre
You are wrong

No I'm right, you did not address any of my comments other then how it effects yourself.
Do you feel the V would have been better if it went into Brooklyn?
What about the 60th St. Tube missing Queens Plaza?

#500398 - 08/25/11 09:12 AM Re: First Day For New Orange (M) [Re: Brighton Line]
Dre Offline
Straphanger

No you are wrong

#500876 - 01/07/12 06:00 PM Re: First Day For New Orange (M) [Re: EE Broadway Local]
aka Subs Offline
Bus Dispatcher

Loc: B'klyn, NY, USA, Planet Earth
Hi Everyone!

You'll be amused to learn that I have JUST DISCOVERED the M train has changed routes (and colors)!!!

I was at B'way-Laf the other day and was shocked to see an ORANGE M train on the F track(!?!)

This is a line I obviously don't use and haven't kept track of. However, upon my discovery I checked the online subway map to find out what's going on. http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm

If you click the Brooklyn Court St stop it lists the M, R, 2, 3, 4, 5 lines (as it should).

But when I click info for the M line http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/mline.htm Court St is NOT listed.

According your previous posts this change happened over a year ago; am I correct in noting that the MTA has neglected to update the online map in over a year?

BTW - I also noticed that the Brooklyn Lawrence St Station is now called Jay St Metrotech (???) - That can be confusing to old timers who know that the northbound stop after DeKalb Ave and the southbound stop after Court St on the R line is LAWRENCE ST

I guess need to get out more!

The NYC subway, the greatest show on earth...the spirit of MsSubway1031 lives on

#500967 - 02/07/12 09:35 PM Re: First Day For New Orange (M) [Re: EE Broadway Local]
RokuSix Offline

Loc: The Bronx!
Yes! It has changed. It is not much different from the previous V service on the 6th Avenue Local.

Questions? Comments? Interested in free tacos?
Just PM me. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Brighton Line, Chemmy 
Newest Members
perrierberet, Meagan, zakir, Plowbeast, ChrisRider
4365 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
4365 Members
20 Forums
26629 Topics
499308 Posts

Max Online: 464 @ 04/24/08 04:14 PM