Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#499421 - 09/22/10 11:50 PM A Treat
EdgarCheney Offline
Tourist

Today, I was taking the G like any other morning. The train I caught however, [the C/R or T/O] announced that it was going express at 21st (or it might have been Greenpoint). From there, it bypassed all stations until Metropolitan and after Metropolitan until Bedford-Nostrand. I believe that it went local after that. I wound up 15 minutes early. Was nice, seeing the train wizz by all the stations, T/O gently honking the horn to warn people on the platform at each station bypassed. I thought, we have the whole tunnel to ourselves (being how all lights were green, made me kind of feal like I was on Pelham 1, 2, 3 or something ) Ah, I'd like to see that happen more often... Wouldn't mind one bit.

#499423 - 09/23/10 07:56 AM Re: A Treat [Re: EdgarCheney]
Brighton Line Offline

Loc: Brooklyn,NY, US
There are rules that cover skipping stops, train can enter at max allowed track speed but leave no faster than 15mph. Shouldn't enter the station unless it can clear the station. Entering blow the horn and when leaving blow the horn.

The G has done battery runs, I've gotten them during rush hour, only thing you can do on a two track line when service goes down the drain. And ya I get a kick out of it too.
FWIW

#499430 - 09/26/10 06:15 AM Re: A Treat [Re: EdgarCheney]
EdgarCheney Offline
Tourist

Thanks man

Newest Members
perrierberet, Meagan, zakir, Plowbeast, ChrisRider
4365 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
4365 Members
20 Forums
26629 Topics
499308 Posts

Max Online: 464 @ 04/24/08 04:14 PM