Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#447452 - 09/24/08 11:12 PM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: sebbieprops]
sebbieprops Offline
Lord of the Post

Loc: Morrisania, Bronx NY
 Originally Posted By: mta36

I remmeber some MT vernon people a while back before the 7's hours to New rochelle was extended arguing for perhaps even a smaller bus to handle the displaced residents of lincoln ave.

You mean when there was the fire there? That was in 1996, a whole twelve years ago. (I only knew about it because I have cousins who live in that neighborhood.)

S.Pro + P.Sam For Life!!!!

#447504 - 09/25/08 01:37 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: dadbo46]
Forest Glen Offline
Lord of the Post

Loc: Springfield Gardens, Queens
It's better to have a longer bus. If there's a rise in ridership then you wouldn't need to expand the fleet or add service.

#447553 - 09/25/08 03:12 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: Forest Glen]
dadbo46 Offline
Bus Driver

Loc: Westchester County
 Originally Posted By: Lex Express
It's better to have a longer bus. If there's a rise in ridership then you wouldn't need to expand the fleet or add service.

Right on.....and the cost to operate is almost the same as a 40 footer.

#447597 - 09/25/08 10:41 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: sebbieprops]
mta36 Offline
Transportation Alternatives Organizer

Loc: Bronx, New York
 Originally Posted By: sebbieprops

I remmeber some MT vernon people a while back before the 7's hours to New rochelle was extended arguing for perhaps even a smaller bus to handle the displaced residents of lincoln ave.

You mean when there was the fire there? That was in 1996, a whole twelve years ago. (I only knew about it because I have cousins who live in that neighborhood.)

No, the Bee Line had this Idea of stopping the 7 route to New Rochelle early, leaving many Lincoln avenue resdients changing their plans to have to ride the 40. the in some case walking a good distance to some of the units on lincoln

#447598 - 09/25/08 10:43 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: dadbo46]
mta36 Offline

Originally Posted By: dadbo46

Well has there been a rise in the 26 ridership, or has it been at a stand still? are there plans to further extend the route or even perhaps is there system wide plans to merge some routes

#447662 - 09/25/08 06:31 PM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: mta36]
dadbo46 Offline
Bus Driver

Originally Posted By: dadbo46

Well has there been a rise in the 26 ridership, or has it been at a stand still? are there plans to further extend the route or even perhaps is there system wide plans to merge some routes

Nope....ridership on the #26 is flat. No plans to merge any routes at this time. Will be some extra service on a few routes in the next couple of weeks due to overloads. 1, 2 and 4 are prime candidates.

#450669 - 10/11/08 10:48 PM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: EE Broadway Local]
Kaheem Offline
Tourist

Maybe a few of my question could be answered here. =] I rely heavily on the bee-line for work and school.

I travel from mount vernon to vahalla for school during the week, and the bus is usually jam packed full of the high school kids (seeing that it's the bus that gets them there right before school starts), because there isn't any 400 service between 7:30 and 7:50. Any thoughts?

When I used to travel home from work, I'd catch the 7, who's headways at night becomes 1 every hour, and the last one doesn't even go the entire route. Any reason why service at night gets so limited?

#450680 - 10/12/08 01:04 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: Kaheem]
dadbo46 Offline
Bus Driver

Originally Posted By: Kaheem
Maybe a few of my question could be answered here. =] I rely heavily on the bee-line for work and school.

I travel from mount vernon to vahalla for school during the week, and the bus is usually jam packed full of the high school kids (seeing that it's the bus that gets them there right before school starts), because there isn't any 400 service between 7:30 and 7:50. Any thoughts?

When I used to travel home from work, I'd catch the 7, who's headways at night becomes 1 every hour, and the last one doesn't even go the entire route. Any reason why service at night gets so limited?

The "400's" are scherduled to coincide with the start of periods at MVHS. If there is an overcrowding problem, albeit for only 10" of the route, I'm not aware of it. I'll have someone check it.

As for the #7 at night, service goes down to once an hour after 8 PM. The service level matches ridership demand. As a matter of fact, the service between MV and NR is paid for with a federal JARC (job access) grant

#451710 - 10/16/08 02:22 PM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: dadbo46]
mta36 Offline

Question,

if a northbound in service BxM4c is riding northbound 87 past the raceway was does that mean is there some kind of super express or does it mean the passengers is not getting off no time soon so the bus goes super express? and by doing that does it mean the drivers rest time in White Plains is longer?

I saw this morning a NB Bus apparently in service ride the highway and not get off at Mcclean nor Yonkers Avenue.

#451714 - 10/16/08 03:39 PM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: mta36]
Hiro Nakamura Offline

Loc: Woodside, Queens
Question,

if a northbound in service BxM4c is riding northbound 87 past the raceway was does that mean is there some kind of super express or does it mean the passengers is not getting off no time soon so the bus goes super express? and by doing that does it mean the drivers rest time in White Plains is longer?

I saw this morning a NB Bus apparently in service ride the highway and not get off at Mcclean nor Yonkers Avenue.

Sounds like there was no one getting off the bus and driver was taking a short cut. Were there passengers on the bus? Maybe it was out of service?

Got a Transit Question feel free to e-mail us at straphangers@nypirg.org

#451771 - 10/17/08 12:12 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: Hiro Nakamura]
mta36 Offline

There was passengers. which brings up my point in that case when the bus does that it should get to the White Plains terminal quicker meaning that the driver has a longer rest period is that allowed? if so then the NB route would be a breeze

#451778 - 10/17/08 12:57 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: mta36]
dadbo46 Offline
Bus Driver

Question,

There are a number of 4C's trips that perform a trip t0 23rd Street, deadhead back north and then do another trip.

Sounds mlike the operator failed to change the destination sign.

#451779 - 10/17/08 12:57 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: mta36]
dadbo46 Offline
Bus Driver

If the bus had passengers, then the operator was doing a no-no !

#451780 - 10/17/08 01:02 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: dadbo46]
FamousNYLover Offline
New York State Governor

Loc: 14 min by Q72 Bus Stop at 37th...
Oh, maybe BxM4C was using shortcut because on day I rode it, B/O ask anyone want to get off Sadore Lane, some st and they said no, so maybe that driver took shortcut to next stop?

#452036 - 10/18/08 11:38 PM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: EE Broadway Local]
Kaheem Offline
Tourist

How do you get in on the Ridership Survey Program the bee-line is doing now?

#452169 - 10/19/08 11:14 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: Kaheem]
dadbo46 Offline
Bus Driver

How do you get in in what way ?

#452671 - 10/23/08 12:00 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: dadbo46]
Kaheem Offline
Tourist

I should have asked it in a better manner. I noticed that there has been surveyors on-board the buses lately. Are they hired directly through liberty lines or through a private firm? How would one go about being a surveyor?

#452673 - 10/23/08 12:12 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: Kaheem]
Kaheem Offline
Tourist

Just two quick questions about downtown MT. V. They finally got some progress done on Petrillo Plaza, and it's starting to look nice. There was something I noticed, that they actually corrected. The turn on first and prospect, the stone divider they built was pushed back, for what i'm guessing to make the turn easier. I've been wondering, if you know, who made the call to move the divider back?

From what I've seen so far, the plaza is going to be a traffic nightmare, even when they open the through-traffic lane. Any driver complaints?

Edited by Kaheem (10/23/08 12:12 AM)

#452853 - 10/24/08 01:00 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: Kaheem]
sebbieprops Offline
Lord of the Post

Loc: Morrisania, Bronx NY
Last time I went up there, it was still a mess with all the construction.

S.Pro + P.Sam For Life!!!!

#452966 - 10/24/08 11:47 PM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: Kaheem]
dadbo46 Offline
Bus Driver

I should have asked it in a better manner. I noticed that there has been surveyors on-board the buses lately. Are they hired directly through liberty lines or through a private firm? How would one go about being a surveyor?

Private firm hired by DOT to conduct a comprehensive passenger count....all routes....all trips.

#452968 - 10/24/08 11:53 PM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: Kaheem]
dadbo46 Offline
Bus Driver

Just two quick questions about downtown MT. V. They finally got some progress done on Petrillo Plaza, and it's starting to look nice. There was something I noticed, that they actually corrected. The turn on first and prospect, the stone divider they built was pushed back, for what i'm guessing to make the turn easier. I've been wondering, if you know, who made the call to move the divider back?

From what I've seen so far, the plaza is going to be a traffic nightmare, even when they open the through-traffic lane. Any driver complaints?

Thats actually Park Ave. and E. Prospect.

I made the decesion based upon the difficulty making the turn. It actually cut back about 3 feet more than I wanted it to be. The purpose of the island is to structure the traffic and prevent westbound traffic from turning into the parking lot.

Pressed concrete crosswalks being put in this and next week. Light fixtures being installed; new shelters on their way; copeing for stone wall to be installed next week; paving will be done before Thanksgiving.

Wheww !!

#452974 - 10/25/08 01:13 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: dadbo46]
Kaheem Offline
Tourist

Thanks for the replies. Some knowledge to chew on, but of course I have another question. Lol.

The Pelham Manor Mall is opening eventually, has there been any talk of a line coming into mall?

Edited by Kaheem (10/25/08 01:20 AM)

#452975 - 10/25/08 01:26 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: Kaheem]
dadbo46 Offline
Bus Driver

Thanks for the replies. Some knowledge to chew on, but of course I have another question. Lol.

The Pelham Manor Mall is opening eventually, has there been any talk of a line coming into mall?

Yes, but only to a minor degree. The #50 & #61 provide pretty good service on Boston Rd. with a stop at Pelham Pkwy. The southbound stop, currently on the nearside of the intersection, in front of the gas station, will be moved to the far side when new curbs and a sidewalk installed.

The # 55 orivides service on the other side of the creek. Runs 7 days on about a 30" headway 6 days.

If a route is extended, the likely candidate is the #54....limited service though.

#452985 - 10/25/08 02:01 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: dadbo46]
TheGreatOne2k7 Offline
TWU President

Loc: Bronx, NY
Unless the 54 gets expanded service hours don't bother wasting the $$ in extending it, just use that $$ to run more service on the 20.

Maybe the MTA can extend the Bx16 directly into the mall since it terminates nearby.

#452988 - 10/25/08 03:03 AM Re: The Bee Line Bus Route Thread [Re: TheGreatOne2k7]
dadbo46 Offline
Bus Driver

Originally Posted By: TheGreatOne2k7
Unless the 54 gets expanded service hours don't bother wasting the $$ in extending it, just use that $$ to run more service on the 20.

Maybe the MTA can extend the Bx16 directly into the mall since it terminates nearby.

Am thinkin about changin both the 53 and 54 around. Reshuffle the equipment, hours and miles and make them more fruitful.

Have had a preliminary discussion with TA Bus Ops. Planning about extending the Bx16 to the shopping center across the street that is currently under construction.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  MoOnMaN319, RokuSix 
Newest Members
perrierberet, Meagan, zakir, Plowbeast, ChrisRider
4365 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
4365 Members
20 Forums
26629 Topics
499308 Posts

Max Online: 464 @ 04/24/08 04:14 PM