Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#352211 - 11/07/05 07:56 PM What Should I Do?
(3) Livonia Ave. Local Offline
Transport Workers Union Steward

Loc: Van Siclen Avenue (3,4)
A little kid sicced his dog on my arm while I was going to get some food. The dog tried twice to bite me, but I lifted up my hand high. He got me the second time. He did not puncture my arm, but I felt the bite. The kid said "sic that n**ga, sic that n**ga" before the dog tried to bite me. I only have that he was really dark-skinned, and he was in a uniform. I don't know what to do. Can someone help me?

#352212 - 11/07/05 08:37 PM Re: What Should I Do?
Los Offline
Transportation Alternatives Organizer

Loc: Brooklyn
If you see the little kid again across your path, call the ASPCA cops. I'm assuming that the little kid was training his dog for such actions, so they should take it away.

#352213 - 11/07/05 08:38 PM Re: What Should I Do?
anticrime Offline
Straphanger

Loc: Earth
Is this like a trick question or what? The way I see I would of busted that dog up and killed it. That kid would of got slapped up to if no bystanders where around. Do you know where this little punk lives? Where did this happen and what caused him to have the dog attack you?

PBQS

#352214 - 11/07/05 08:42 PM Re: What Should I Do?

Miller Avenue, and Riverdale Avenue. I walk down here every Thursday & Friday to go to church, and nothing ever happens to me. This is not a trick question. It really happened. See, the bystanders were 2 very short blocks away, and he ran off. I'd know not to do anything that would cause the kid to sic the dog on me, probably thought it was funny, because I (could've sworn) I heard him laughing as he ran off.

#352215 - 11/07/05 08:49 PM Re: What Should I Do?
Los Offline

What type of dog was it?

#352216 - 11/07/05 08:50 PM Re: What Should I Do?
Kriston Lewis Offline

Loc: Kingston-Throop Avenues (C, B1...
You+Doctor. Now.

#352217 - 11/07/05 08:51 PM Re: What Should I Do?

Couldn't tell. Kind of wild, and all black. I honestly can't tell between dogs. It would help in the description, though.

#352218 - 11/07/05 09:15 PM Re: What Should I Do?
Los Offline

Well that's a first for me hearing someone siccing a dog on someone else for pleasure. Either call the cops and report the kid or get a knife(4" blade or less, those that you have to pull out when it's folded in only) and defend yourself against it.

#352219 - 11/07/05 09:26 PM Re: What Should I Do?
TransitStudent71 Offline
"The Mole" Boring Machine Operator

Loc: Middle Village
(1)Doctor ASAP (2)file a police report- you have enough info to report it- and maybe kid has done it before. And cops can try to make sure he doesn't do it again.

#352220 - 11/07/05 09:40 PM Re: What Should I Do?

All of y'all, thanks. My mom is reluctant to file a police report, but I'll convince her. The doctor'll have to wait, instead, there's some peroxide & alcohol to put on my arm. There's one thing y'all should know that I didn't tell y'all. He bit me through my denim jacket, so it didn't sear my skin, thankfully. Sorry I didn't say it before (Note, even though it was through my jacket, I still felt a bit of it). But, you know what's weird: A year ago, on this day, my mom was hit by a car...

#352221 - 11/07/05 09:48 PM Re: What Should I Do?
R42 4811 Offline
NYC Council Transportation Committee Chairperson

Loc: Brooklny,NY
Quote:
Originally posted by anticrime:
Is this like a trick question or what? The way I see I would of busted that dog up and killed it. That kid would of got slapped up to if no bystanders where around. Do you know where this little punk lives? Where did this happen and what caused him to have the dog attack you?
I wouldn't kill the dog,but i'd go after the kid
if it'd happen to me.

#352222 - 11/07/05 09:49 PM Re: What Should I Do?
R42 4811 Offline
NYC Council Transportation Committee Chairperson

Loc: Brooklny,NY
Quote:
Originally posted by (7) Roosevelt Av Local:
All of y'all, thanks. My mom is reluctant to file a police report, but I'll convince her. The doctor'll have to wait, instead, there's some peroxide & alcohol to put on my arm. There's one thing y'all should know that I didn't tell y'all. He bit me through my denim jacket, so it didn't sear my skin, thankfully. Sorry I didn't say it before (Note, even though it was through my jacket, I still felt a bit of it). But, you know what's weird: A year ago, on this day, my mom was hit by a car...
I'd go to the doctor if i were you.just to make sure your ok.

#352223 - 11/09/05 02:33 PM Re: What Should I Do?
Charity Carbine Offline
Bus Driver

Quote:
It's not the dog's fault...he's just doing what his owner told him to. I agree with those who suggested that you file a police report and call the ASPCA. Anyway, I'm sorry this happend to you.

#352224 - 11/09/05 08:08 PM Re: What Should I Do?
Forest Glen Offline
Lord of the Post

Loc: Springfield Gardens, Queens
You should file a police report. Behavior like this is unacceptable. If you encounter the same guy you may have to put up your dukes and take him on. Bullies go after people they perceive as weak.

#352225 - 11/09/05 10:26 PM Re: What Should I Do?

And, sometimes, their perception is correct. I don't look like the youth that always try to act tough out there. I'm myself, and he could see that. But, I bet if I were with my friends, he wouldn't do so much as a stare...I hate to say that, but that's the way it is now. Thanks for the "empathy". I'm ok. My arm isn't red, and it feels fine. We (me & my mom) have this situation under control.

#352226 - 11/09/05 11:50 PM Re: What Should I Do?
Chemmy Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Call the ASPCA and the police and report it.

Newest Members
patrickoster, Nathan, cparke, Haresh, MadStrapper
4354 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
4354 Members
20 Forums
26621 Topics
499255 Posts

Max Online: 464 @ 04/24/08 04:14 PM