Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#262516 - 08/22/06 03:48 PM Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

Loc: Hudson River Valley, NY, USA o...
Regarding the situation on the Q-21/53 Cross Bay/Rockaways bus routes in Queens, I spoke with an MTA Bus aide to Mr Tom Savage the head(president/General Manager) of MTA Bus.

Mr Savage's aide said the reason the Q-53 became a 'limited' was that the communities of SW Queens wanted a dramtic increase on Woodhaven Blvd bus service immeadetly as often the Q-11 was crush loaded and suffered from serve bus bunching. Without having to ask the main MTA board for *more money to increase Q-11 service* Since The Q-53 he said 'Rarely has standing room except for summer weekend beach goers', he thought it made the most sense although the aide admitted the MTA bus got some 'complaints' from mostly Rockaway Park area residents about 'losing express bus service' to both the Queens Blvd shopping & business district/Woodside.

Savage's assistant also added that there was 'frequent' complaints from riders at Liberty Ave/Cross Bay/Rockaway Blvd. about the 'limited hours' of Q-21 service' and that he felt his 'limited budget' was needed on increased service on other MTA bus lines in Queens.
So he said that is the reasons why the Q-53 became a 'limited' instead of a Super Non Stop express between Broad channel and Rego Park.

Regarding the scraping/elimantion of the Q-21, according to the MTA Bus aide, Mr Savage agreed it was 'not needed' now that the Q-53 maked limited stops and that he proposed increased Q-11 and Q-41 service to replace the few passengers on Q-21 going between Rock Park/Broad Channel and Lindenwald. However he said he "Can not make changes on the Q-21' until a NEW CONTRACT WITH THE American Transport Union(ATU) is agreeed to. Unlike The TWU folks which is still working without an offical contract with the rest of MTA, The ATU contract signed with NYC prior to takeover has another 1-2 years left before it expires with the MTA.

Mr Savage's aide also claims that he wanted to increase more Q-53 limited headways immedately(e.g 8-10 minutes rush hours & 12-15 minutes most of rest day he said) & thus offered drivers with the ATU from the Rockaway depot(formely Green Bus lines) to co-opearte the
expanded Q-53 with Lga depot (Former Triboro-TWU members) similar to the Q-32(opearted by both the Flushing/Stengal & Quill-West Side Depots)*With No Jobs losses* by scrapping the Q-21. However The Savage aide says the ATU Union Management refused the Q-21/Q-53 merger till it discussed at the end of existing contract signed before the MTA merger.

So you now know, the situation regarding the Q-53/21 folks! Any reaction/comments? laugh

PS IF This Story is true,then IMO, the ATU are being selffish by not wanting to 'share' with LGA Depot, driving a 65-minute plus ride on expanded Q-53 route between Woodside/Rego Park and the Rockaways as 'no job losses' was assured by the MTA.

#262517 - 08/22/06 04:14 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

Folks please be on your 'best behavior' but please feel free to call the office of mTA Bus President/General Manager Tom Savage during weekday business hours 8:30am-5pm at (212)878-7174. His office is right now looking at suggestions from the public to 'change and improve' the former nyc private bus lines include possible scehdule & route changes in their new MTA Bus opeartions planning.

PS Finally the Savage aide claims that the MTA bus want to re-name routes e.g. Q-65a, Q-19a Q-19b, etc. but the ATU/TWU unions will not agree to that either till a new contract is signed.

#262518 - 08/22/06 05:59 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Eric B Offline
Straphanger

Oh, he's the one who responded after I sent in all my suggestions last winter. (http://www.straphangers.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/25/1598/2.html) My suggestions involved both agencies, so I sent it to 347 Madison, and they forwarded them to him (and I assume NYCT as well).

They should rename those routes. I missed my one opportunity to see veteran animator Chuck Jones at the Museum of Moving Image years ago because we got on the wrong "Q101". Those routes are so confusing.

#262519 - 08/22/06 06:45 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

Anyone else lol?

#262520 - 08/22/06 09:03 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

Nobody else lol?

#262521 - 08/22/06 10:11 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
ragazzapazza1024 Offline
"The Mole" Boring Machine Operator

Loc: Queens/Brooklyn border
I actually like the Q53 stopping at Jamaica Avenue and Myrtle Avenue, along Woodhaven, since I can get the Q53 if I don't see the Q11, since it's only 1 stop to Metropolitan. And the Q53 is crowded, there is never any room, someone tell the people to MOVE BACK to make room, and maybe I'll stop pushing. They keep complaining, but there is room they can go to, so go there and I won't push.

#262522 - 08/23/06 04:36 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

no other replies lol? There been alot of talk here over last 6 months on Q-53 so RD fans please reply?

#262523 - 08/23/06 05:03 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

nobody lol

#262524 - 08/23/06 05:04 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Forest Glen Offline
Lord of the Post

Loc: Springfield Gardens, Queens
I think people would accept a limited stop Q53 if it ran more frequently. More frequent service is a tradeoff for slower service.

#262525 - 08/23/06 10:30 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
ragazzapazza1024 Offline
"The Mole" Boring Machine Operator

Loc: Queens/Brooklyn border
That is true, that bus does take forever to get here. I miss one, and I see the Q11 and I usually take that. The Q53 is one bus I've never seen in bunches.

#262526 - 08/25/06 01:29 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Chemmy Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by R-7 SEPTA Local:
Nobody else lol?
Or maybe nobody believes these rumors without proper back-up and documentation.

I don't know.

I personally don't care to comment on your posts because you scare me by asking every 10 seconds "anybody else" "why is nobody replying" "Who else wants to reply"

If someone wants to reply, they will. But if you keep asking them, they will not.

*edit to correct spelling error*

#262527 - 08/26/06 04:18 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Q101viaStienway Offline
Bus Driver

Loc: Astoria
then put a q11 and a q11 ltd and have the q 53 express again

#262528 - 08/26/06 04:29 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

Chemmy as a modertaor you should know better! If don't like you either personally. Just igorne me if you dont like what i have to say. I have never cursed here or broken any RD rules here in my comments here.

Why you do not go after others on here who ask more bizzare questions that most 5 year old knows answer to? That is not fair. If you don't like me or my comments, just igorne me. I wont lose any sleep. Have a nice life.

#262529 - 08/26/06 07:03 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Chemmy Offline

I have nothing against you personally - at all. I just feel you're begging for comments and more often than not on these boards, that has led to problems. You are not in violation of the TOS and I never said you were. I just feel you will get more replies if you don't fish for commentary.

You've asked the question, wait around (especially for the long weekend) and you will get replies. smile

Sorry if I upset you. As a moderator, it's my business to mind everyone else's business. lol No but seriously, I not only stop problems but I try to prevent them. I don't want this thread to turn into a flame fest. Besides which, not only the Bus Forum not one of the higely popular ones, not a lot of folks on here ride the Q21/53 or even know/care about what's going on. More often than not, I have posted a topic about them and gotten zero replies. It's not even that people don't care really - it's more that they don't know those buses or that area and cannot comment.

Besides, the ignore list will only keep you and I from PMing one another. Nothing more.

Hope we have it all resolved. I got no hate for anyone on here.

Now get back to the Q53/21

#262530 - 08/26/06 07:24 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
FamousNYLover Online
New York State Governor

Loc: 14 min by Q72 Bus Stop at 37th...
Q11's Queens Mall stop should be stop at same bus stop as Q53 before and after going via Woodhaven Blvd.

#262531 - 08/27/06 02:33 AM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Forest Glen Offline
Lord of the Post

Quote:
Chemmy as a modertaor you should know better! If don't like you either personally. Just igorne me if you dont like what i have to say. I have never cursed here or broken any RD rules here in my comments here.

Why you do not go after others on here who ask more bizzare questions that most 5 year old knows answer to? That is not fair. If you don't like me or my comments, just igorne me. I wont lose any sleep. Have a nice life.
I don't have a problem with you. In fact, you seem like one of the most benign members of any of the transit websites I'm a member of. Having a humorous and slightly eccentric personality is what makes you R7-SEPTA Local. I won't reply to all of your posts since some of them aren't relevant to the mode of transportation I use, but I enjoy most of your posts.

#262532 - 08/27/06 04:00 AM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
JustLok Offline
Bus Driver

Loc: NYC
Well, you can't blame the union so much for holding out on the MTA for the service alterations, the PBL's have been without a contract now for almost four years now!

As everyone knows, the Q21 is just a single run per hour! That's just teasing customers to use it. Service increases on the Q53 (from the current 15mins which needs to be increased more in the summer) would help it.

I've taken the Q53 southbound and northbound several times since the new LTD stops were introduced from the first stop (61st Woodside) and at Woodhaven Blvd. and QB, and it's always SRO. Every 8mins or 10mins would help alot.

What would help would be eliminating the 63rd Drive stop and section of the route, it's ridiculous and useless and only bogs down the line with the traffic that builds up there and having to run along it. Moving it to Hoffman Drive would improve it tremendously. Why anyway would complain about its relocation is beyond me, take the train one stop for the better streamlined route.

For now, I'll wait till the beach season is over and start trying out the Q53 and seeing then if it'll speed my trip or become more comfortable.

Also, with the union and the Q21/53 split route, you have to remember you have to take into account seniority issues. Which depot gets the first pick of the route? Specials? Short turns? Or even which early/mid/late runs each depot gets? It might just be that the unions at each depot (or at least its membership) is looking out for them to *keep* their current paycheck the way it is, if not more.

#262533 - 08/27/06 04:11 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

I agree with you 100% justlok, that the Q-53 should be 'streamlined' and opearte the entire length of Woodhaven/Cross Bay Blvds. instead of turning up on 63rd Drive to serve the Rego Park(e.g Target/Sears, etc) section of Queens Blvd shopping areas.

I do purpose the following assuming the Q-21 is gone by next summer 2007:
1)Create a special Q-93 non stop express between woodhaven/Queens Blvd via 63rd drive and riis park? This proposed route would opearte on Summer weekends only e.g Friday-Sundays 7am-9pm on 60 minute headways. The Q-93 would opearte then via existing Q-53 route NO Stops between 63rd drive/QB and Rockaway Beach Blvd.
*This would be an additional service to the Q-53.

I forgot to add finally in my chat with Mr Savage's aide, they said that without a contract without both the ATU(Transit union opearting most of the former PBL's/now MTA Bus routes)& TWU that even a SIMPLE THiNG SUCH AS **RENAMING ROUTES LiKE THE Q-19A, Q-19b, Q-65A, etc., CAN NOT BE DONE TILL A NEW CONTRACT IS MADE.

So bus/railfans, according to MTA bus management, the only thing stopping us from creating new and improved bus routes above is to contact both the ATU and TWU unions.
What you guys thing?

#262534 - 08/27/06 06:14 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
JustLok Offline
Bus Driver

Quote:
I do purpose the following assuming the Q-21 is gone by next summer 2007:
1)Create a special Q-93 non stop express between woodhaven/Queens Blvd via 63rd drive and riis park? This proposed route would opearte on Summer weekends only e.g Friday-Sundays 7am-9pm on 60 minute headways. The Q-93 would opearte then via existing Q-53 route NO Stops between 63rd drive/QB and Rockaway Beach Blvd.
*This would be an additional service to the Q-53.
I would have to disagree with the Q93, it would be crush loaded and SRO because everyone would want to take that bus that runs once an hour straight to the beach. Perhaps if it ran every 15mins, maybe, *maybe*, every 30mins, it would work out in the peak directions of beach travel and return. But once an hour would kill it. Also, what's to stop Rockaway residents from demanding that the service be extended from summers only to other times or all times of the year? What you would get is the original Q53. And what the current Q53LTD would become is a Q11LTD instead. :-)

#262535 - 08/27/06 06:31 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

So Justlok what to do to 'speed up' summer Q-53 limited service which does have SRO/crush loaded riders? If MTA Bus ordered artics, i would scrap the Q-93 super express idea. The Q-93 is best alternative assuming MTA bus will not get artics for a while.

#262536 - 08/27/06 09:48 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Q101viaStienway Offline
Bus Driver

we can keep the old q53 express aND HAVE A Q11 AND Q11LTD as i said before

#262537 - 08/27/06 11:12 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
JustLok Offline
Bus Driver

If you were going to put the Q53 back as it was and introduce a Q11LTD, then there's no need for a Q53, when you can just extend the Q11 to Rockaway or increase service on the Q21 then. You'd just be wasting money the other way around.

And the MTA getting artics doesn't seem likely at least in the near future. And even if you did put artics, they don't neccessarily mean better service. Artics actually cut back on the route's runs.

Want to speed up the Q53? Ban large containers and umbrellas and chairs from being brought onto the bus. They take up more room than the person who is actually hauling them onto the bus. Take those out of the equation and you saving loading time from them trying lug it onto the bus and off the bus and squeezing through and from passengers having to dance around them. Not to mention the seats you free up for more passengers to down on and more space in the rear of the bus for people to stand instead of Igloo's to leak.

Increase the headways to a few extra runs per hour, remove the 63rd Drive section of the route and takeaway the containers and other beach going hardware and you'll see a difference.

In the Fall and Winter, the Q53 will become a better line with fewer beach goers and hopefully the 63rd Drive shall be removed.

#262538 - 08/28/06 09:28 AM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Q101viaStienway Offline
Bus Driver

but the Q11 limited is for summers only to help out the Q53

#262539 - 08/28/06 11:55 AM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
B35 via Church Offline
Federal Transit Administration Rep.

Loc: East Flatbush
Bro, I can only imagine how those riders must feel having to deal w/ 1 hr headways (Q21) everyday... on top of that, it being an inconsistent route as well....

A real easy solution would be to kill off the Q21... but all that means is that the Q53 would become a real sloooooowwww local that'd be crushloaded to the gills.... That, and lindenwood riders would get shafted... somewhat...

Man, I dunno what should be done w/ the infamous Q21/Q53 combo..... Maybe a restructure could help (Q21)... but, where to? No sense in running it to brooklyn (westbound), the Q7 got Rockaway blvd covered (eastbound), and I don't see the point of extending it northward, to parallel the Q11.....

Another idea is combine it (Q21) w/ the Q41 & truncate it to Parsons/Archer (instead of 165th st terminal).... but the headways would have to be greatly adjusted... to at LEAST every 15 mins...

Of course the (physical) route could be left alone... add another run w/i the hour that it already runs; meaning 30 min headways.... small improvement that could work....
-----

The Q53... I always felt should operate along Woodhaven Blvd, instead of 63dr... Why not send the Q11 onto 63dr, have it turn onto Queens blvd, and make that long left onto Woodhaven, so it'll still have the same exact terminus; pick up/dropoff point?

As far as the extra stops they added... I dunno, can't really speak on that... does this necessarily mean that ridership on the Q11 has decreased, and that of the Q53 drastically increased?

and wow... that "Q93" you speak of.... all the way to Riis beach... if such a route were to exist, that'd be almost as bad as those jones beach routes out in Nassau... not good....

As for the renaming routes portion [q19a, q19b, q65a, etc] of your (R-7's) post.... ehh, I think that's just an excuse (about the contract signing & what not) for not wanting to do anything w/ the routes; numbering (which is a meager difference) or modernizing the physical route or w/e...

you figure it out.

#262540 - 08/28/06 02:46 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
(G) Train Offline
Straphanger

Loc: On the (G) Crosstown Local tra...
Q41 should go Rockaway Park and have its Lindenwood rider shaft. It should also go to Sutphin BOulevard on F instead of Terminal, like Q40. There should be Q11 LTD, with liberty local, howard ltd. Q53 super express again.

#262541 - 08/28/06 02:58 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
B35 via Church Offline

^^ That's another idea that can work, but what about the Q21?

you figure it out.

#262542 - 08/28/06 03:18 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
(G) Train Offline
Straphanger

Loc: On the (G) Crosstown Local tra...
Q21 cut b/c Q41 extend.

#262543 - 08/28/06 03:18 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

Based on people's ideas here is what Mr Savage at MTA bus should do imo but i doubt it will happen:

1)Return the "Q-53'to a SUPER Express" but stop only at Liberty/Rockaway "A" train station. To save time bus route, no longer stops at 63rd Drive. Also opearting hours should be increased to weekdays 5:30am-12:30am Saturdays 6am-Midnight and Sundays 7am-11pm.

2)Create a new Q-11 Limited replacing the Q-53 stop on 63rd Drive and making the same 'limited' stops as the current Q-53 'limited.' All stops *south of Liberty Ave." Q-11 LTD opeartes weekdays 6am-8pm Saturdays 8am-8pm and Sundays 12 NOON-6pm. New Q-11 LTD should opearte to either 164th Ave/Cross Bay(current Q-41 terminal) and existing Howard Beach terminal. The Hamliton Beach/Coleman Sq.("A" Train Howard Beach/JFK airtrain transfer station branch)is replaced by new Q-'200' route.(see below)

3)"Local" Q-11 when Q-11 'LTD' opeartes only *runs between Liberty/Rock Blvds. and Queens Blvd. via Woodhaven Blvd & no turns onto 63rd Drive. Late Evenings/Overnights all stops to 164th Avenue/Cross Bay with 40 minute headways overnights instead of crazy 80 minutes headways currently. The Howard Beach/99th Street branch late nights IMO should be scrapped.

4)Q-21 is gone and scrapped. Replaced by Q-53 and restructured Q-11 and Q-41. Q-41 replaces the Q-21 Lindenwood portion.

5)a new 'shuttle' opearting between 104th St/Hamilton Beach/Coleman Sq. of the "A" line's Howard Beach/JFK airtrain transfer station opearting 24/7 (e.g every 10-15 minutes most of day and every 60 minutes late nights) and Liberty/Cross Bay should be created. For this thread it could be called the "Q-200."
This Q-200 shuttle would also be great for Howard Beach, Hamilton Bch and South Ozone Park areas when the "A" Far Rock branch is closed/detour due to "g/o's on Broad Channel Bridge & provide direct service to 'mainline' "A" train at Rock Blvd.

*The Rockaways shuttle buses replacing the "A" train during regular 'g/o's'could opearte non-stop via Cross bay between Rockaway Blvd/Liberty and Broad Channel/the Rockaways.

Realistic however this is what i think MTA Bus will change to the Q-21/Q-11/Q-53 combo.

1)Recent changes to the Q-53 becoming a Woodhaven/Cross Bay 'limited' becomes permanet.

2)The Q-21 will be elimanted and replaced with the expanded Q-41 for Linden wood area.

3)Q-11 remains the same but more service e.g. late night headways reducded etc.

Any reactions? Thanks wink

#262544 - 08/28/06 05:30 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Forest Glen Offline
Lord of the Post

1) With the traffic light at Queens Blvd the Q53 might as well stop at 63rd Drive since it'll have to wait anyway. Other than that I agree.

#262545 - 08/28/06 06:33 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Chemmy Offline

Hamilton Beach is sufficiently served by the few odd Q11 buses we get now. Nobody really rides them. We either walk to the train station or walk into Howard Beach so we can catch either a Hamilton or Howard bus.

If I do ride the Howard bus out of Howard, it's cause the bus came before I got to the stop.

We don't need a bus to Coleman Square - that's what the boardwalk is for.

Seriously, these may be good ideas on paper but come check out my neighborhood so you can see what I am really talking about and why some ideas will or will not work.

#262546 - 08/28/06 07:43 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Grand Concourse Offline
Lord of the Post

Loc: Manhattan
1) So long as Liberty Av for the A and Jamaica Av for the J/Z are permanent stops then I'm fine with the Q53.

#262547 - 08/28/06 07:58 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Olney Terminal Offline
Booth Worker

Loc: Brooklyn, NY / Philadelphia, P...
Here's what I would do...
1. Q21 does Lindenwood loop. Runs to Aqueduct-N Conduit subway station. No stops between 160 Av/Cross Bay and the train station. Runs at whatever headway could be achieved with one bus off-peak and two during peak (I'm guessing 30-45 minutes?)

2. Q41 serves 151/153/155/157 Avs and then goes straight down Cross Bay to Rockaway Beach Blvd, and terminates at Beach 116 St (I would say Beach 98 but then anyone going from Ozone Pk/Lindenwood loses their one-transfer ride to the Kings Plaza/Midwood/Bklyn College area).

3. Q11 operates between Queens Blvd and Liberty Av only.

4. Q11 Howard/Hamilton Beach service becomes the Q61 LTD and is extended to Woodside.

5. Q53 renamed Q51. Eliminate the 63 Drive stop and run straight up Woodhaven.

6. Southbound Q51/Q61 would use Hoffman Dr instead of Queens Blvd.

7. Q51 and Q61 make no stops between 61 and 74 Sts, and use Roosevelt Av in both directions.

8. 157 Av stop eliminated for Q51.

#262548 - 08/28/06 08:09 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Grand Concourse Offline
Lord of the Post

Loc: Manhattan
What about the Q35 or perhaps merge it with another of the lines mentioned?

#262549 - 08/28/06 08:33 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
B35 via Church Offline

^ Can't really do much w/ the Q35 bro frown ... I would say extend it into Broad Channel, but that wouldn't help at all... Maybe have it parallel the Q22 up until *some point* ?
--------

Chemmy, which would you say is more frequent? Howard Beach Q11's or Hamilton Beach Q11's ? And which of the two generates *more* riders from its respective areas?
------------

R-7... Chemmy has a point... very very few riders head out to howard/hamilton beach... and where do you plan on putting all these buses out there.....

^^ That, and your "Q200" confuses me....

you figure it out.

#262550 - 08/28/06 09:19 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

Folks a mistype! I meant almost 'all'Q-11 LTD would go to 164th Ave/Cross Bay Blvd. In other words almost all Q-11's LTD running on Cross Bay/Woodhaven Blvd. between 63rd Drive & right before bridge to/from Broad Channel & The Rockaways.as a limited. A limited number of Q-11's LTD goes to existing Howard Bch terminal.

Coleman Sq./Hamiltion Beach would have a 'shuttle bus' only between Liberty/Cross Bay and Hamilton Beach running every 30 minutes or so. For lack of numbers i called this the 'Q-200' route. If Late night service is not needed than so be it.

So in summary

1)Q-11's LTD possibly renamed the Q-61 as Roosevelt Island suggested runs between 164th Ave/Cross Bay and Queens Blvd with a possible extension to Woodside. A limited # of Q-61(about every 30-60 minutes) runs to existing Q-11 Howard Beach terminal & late night service to Howard is canned.

2)The Q-11 only opeartes as Woodhaven Blvd local between Liberty Ave and Queens Blvd most of day. *Late nights only when Q-61/Q-53 does not opearte the Q-11 is extended to 164th Ave/Cross Bay.*

3)Coleman Sq/Hamltion Beach branch become a full time shuttle bus only between 99th St and Liberty/Cross Bay. I call it the 'Q-200'
but please feel free to give it a better route $ name. lol
4)Q-53 only stops at Liberty Ave and becomes a full express bus route again. 63rd drive s replaced with serice along Hoffman Drive to speed service. Late Night service should be extended to 12:30am-1am.

5)Q-21 is gone and replaced with Q-41.

Hope i clear things up guys.
:p

#262551 - 08/28/06 10:47 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Q101viaStienway Offline
Bus Driver

Quote:

Q-21 is gone and replaced with Q-41.

:p
Q21 AND Q41 LEAVE AS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#262552 - 08/28/06 11:13 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

Why Q-101 via Steinway? Q-21 has horrible headways and runs only until 7pm daily?

#262553 - 08/28/06 11:14 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

Q-101 via Steinway how do you 'solve' the Q-11 Q-21 & Q-53 problems? Remember according to MTA bus many riders complained about the Q-53 not stopping at Liberty/Rockaway Blvd "A" train station.

#262554 - 08/29/06 04:08 AM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
JustLok Offline
Bus Driver

If ya gonna keep the Q21, leave it as is but extend it via westbound via Liberty Ave. (or the westside of Rockaway Blvd.) and terminate it at Euclid Ave with the Q8 terminus. Have it run every 15mins, extend the route to an area that needs it (along Liberty Ave. past where the Q112 ends if it's not going to be exteneded) and you justify the three extra runs per hour.

Cut the 63rd Drive section of the route out *COMPLETELY*. No need have the bus run down it. Passengers want that street? Transfer at 63rd Drive/Penelope Ave for the Q38. Then have the Q53 run completely along Woodhaven Blvd. utilizing Hoffman Drive for southbound runs and staying on Woodhaven Blvd. onto Queens Blvd., at which point it turns left onto it. The Q53 runs along QB to (69th St. would be perfect, but it would have to bypass 74st Station, can't do that) a right onto 76th Street and then a right onto 45th Ave followed by a left onto 77th Street then a left onto Broadway. A bit unorthodox, but it saves loads of time from the traffic snarled Broadway between Baxter Ave. and QB. The Broadway stop currently for the Q53 would now be the Q60 QB/Broadway bus stop. And you still have the bus stop at the 78th Street stop near Elmhurst Hospital.

Also, renaming routes will just confuse people beyond belief, which will be followed by numerous calls demanding to know where their Q53 bus is and so on and so forth.

Also, you should only run the Q11LTD Mondays through Saturdays only, much as the Q10LTD will be this coming Sunday.

#262555 - 08/29/06 10:11 AM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Q101viaStienway Offline
Bus Driver

you can have a Q53 super express via woodhaven and the Q 21/41 should leave as is because it is an extra to the Q41 and people need it and Q53 does stop at liberty so stop whining and dine

#262556 - 08/29/06 10:29 AM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
B35 via Church Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JustLok:
If ya gonna keep the Q21, leave it as is but extend it via westbound via Liberty Ave. (or the westside of Rockaway Blvd.) and terminate it at Euclid Ave with the Q8 terminus. Have it run every 15mins, extend the route to an area that needs it (along Liberty Ave. past where the Q112 ends if it's not going to be exteneded) and you justify the three extra runs per hour.
Nah... there's no room for another route to terminate where the Q7/Q8 does @ euclid... I think that's part of the reason the Q112 doesn't head out that far west.....

The Q53 (routing) north of QB & Broadway can be left alone, especially around the 74th st. sta....

The rest of your 2nd paragraph I agree with (regarding 63 dr, etc)....

you figure it out.

#262557 - 08/29/06 10:31 AM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
B35 via Church Offline

R-7... I wont quote your whole post... but lemme see if I got this right... you're saying/suggesting:

-------------------
+ Q11's: QB/Woodhaven to Liberty/X-bay
+ Q11 (LTD): QB/Woodhaven to 164th/X-bay, OR QB/Woodhaven to 165th av/99th st (howard bch)
+ Q53's: ((*old express routing reverted* - stop @ Liberty av))

+ Q21: discontinued
+ Q41: 165th st terminal to Beach 116th/Newport
+ Shuttle: Liberty/X-Bay to Hamilton beach (you mean 104th st...)

-------------------

* I don't understand something here.... why does, or should, your Q11 (LTD) & (local) have different terminus'? Why not just send all Q11 locals to 164th/X-bay? Some runs can still serve Howard Bch....

* That shuttle... I personally think is a waste.... I'm waiting to see what Chemmy says, since she lives out there.... but I would tend to think the *current* 104th st branch of the Q11 gets miniscule-to-no ridership...

* Question: When you say Q11's head out to 164th/X-bay.... will it serve lindenwood or not? If not, then your Q41's better see an increase in service... lol...

* The Q53 suggestion I'm all for... Just as long as the 63rd dr. portion is altered/re-routed/whatever term you wanna use laugh

* & yeh, as JustLok said, a Q11 LTD doesn't need 7 day a week service....

you figure it out.

#262558 - 08/29/06 10:32 AM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
B35 via Church Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Q101viaStienway:
you can have a Q53 super express via woodhaven and the Q 21/41 should leave as is because it is an extra to the Q41 and people need it and Q53 does stop at liberty so stop whining and dine
The old Q53 did NOT stop at Liberty/X-Bay.... he's suggesting that the OLD Q53 be brought back into service....

you figure it out.

#262559 - 08/29/06 11:58 AM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
Q101viaStienway Offline
Bus Driver

i am saying for now not the old Q53

#262560 - 08/29/06 12:00 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

Hey B-35 thanks for replies!

The Q=41 would *serve* old Q-21 Lindenwood loop under my plans when and if the Q-21 is canned. The Q-11 stays on Woodhaven to/from 164th Ave.

The Q-41 *ends at 164th Ave/Cross Bay not go to Broad channel/the Rockaways.
Liberty Ave would be the *major transfer point* between the Q-53 and Q-11, Q-41, etc.

You understand correct on my other proposals, B-35, so folks feel free to reply! wink

#262561 - 08/29/06 12:14 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
R-7 SEPTA Local Offline
Lord of the Post

Another question about the Q-11? Why does it has it's insane 80-120 minute overnight headways serving all 3 branches? If Chemmy says that Hamltion Beach/Coleman Sq. and Howard Bch barely gets rider in middle of day why not scrap late night services on both?

Just run Q-11's late at night imo between 164th Ave/Cross Bay and Queens Blvd 24/7 with 40 minute headways late nights.

#262562 - 08/29/06 06:21 PM Re: Important info concerning Q-53/21 Bus service direct from the Boss of MTA Bus
B35 via Church Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Q101viaStienway:
i am saying for now not the old Q53
Ok.. so we were talking about 2 different things then... laugh
--------------

Quote:
Hey B-35 thanks for replies!

The Q=41 would *serve* old Q-21 Lindenwood loop under my plans when and if the Q-21 is canned. The Q-11 stays on Woodhaven to/from 164th Ave.

The Q-41 *ends at 164th Ave/Cross Bay not go to Broad channel/the Rockaways.

Liberty Ave would be the *major transfer point* between the Q-53 and Q-11, Q-41, etc.
Oh I know what that 41 does... haha.... I thought you were suggesting to extend the Q41 into the Rockaways as well (b/c you're suggesting the canning of the Q21....); and since it already serves lindenwood, you're leaving its... routing (basically), as is..... and letting the Q53 handle business (lol) in the Rockaways & points north.... cool...

& that last question you pose (about the Q11 late nite) is a good one....

you figure it out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Newest Members
Natethekid39, UBB_Support, perrierberet, Meagan, zakir
4367 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (FamousNYLover), 46 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
4367 Members
20 Forums
26635 Topics
499334 Posts

Max Online: 464 @ 04/24/08 04:14 PM